Monday, December 13, 2004

It's early in the morning........

.........and I haven't gone to bed yet. I got home from work about a half hour ago. It was pretty interesting to say the least. The guys at the Star were playing chess as usual when I got there. The guy that is in charge of getting the trucks out in an orderly manner (Kevin) was really acting weird tonight, and one of the drivers (Larry) was acting even weirder. If I weren't so tired I would elaborate on this some more. I guess it's time to write my regular features, then go to bed. Tomorrow is the start of finals week. Woo hoo.

Daily Rant:
Telemarketers. I hate telemarkerters, and the evil for which they stand (I don't really hate the people, just the job they do). I work late, so I sleep during the day. I do not appreciate getting 5 different telemarketers calling me before noon. I do not want to get 3 free magazines for buying 1 at something like $5 per week. When you point out to these guys that 4 year long subscriptions at $5 per week comes out to $260 per year, and that it is a horrible deal for the consumer they still try to get you to order. I would love to have the names and telephone numbers of every telemarketers so I could publish them all over the internet. I would make sure to call them a 3:00 am, and to get everyone I could to do so as well.

Good thing of the day:
Sometimes it's the simple things that are the best. If you ever want absolutely unconditional love frome something then get a pet. Whenever I walk outside my cat always comes up to greet me, and he also starts purring loudly to let me know he is happy to see me. I normally pick him up for a minute or two and hold him while petting him. It seems to make his day to have someone pet him and so he will either butt his face against you or lick your hand with his scratchy tounge. No matter how bad of a day I have my cat can make it seem better, at least for a few minutes.

Weather:
Cold again. Where's that global warming when you need it? It did make it into the mid 40s today, but then a cold front moved in. On the way to indianapolis tonight the wind was blowing so hard from the northwest (over 30 mph, sometimes gusting higher) that the truck I was driving could only do 55 mph sometimes with the throttle to the floor. There were also some periods of really light snow showers too. Wind chill anyone?

Daily deer report:
A new (minimum) record tonight!!!!! For the first time since I moved to my new house I only saw one deer. The previous record was five of them on the way home. Still, it only takes one to destroy a car.


Well, goodnight all. Don't forget to tell all of your friends about my blog and my site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home