Monday, December 20, 2004

I got through to Coast to Coast AM tonight and.......

....... made prediction number 19 on Art Bell's annual year end prediction show. He usually does two nights worth, and this year it is tonight and new years eve. That is the first time I ever tried to call in, and I got through. Now we wait and see what comes of it. My prediction was a major earthquake in the southern California desert, but since it happens in a remote place there in minimal damage. That is only the second time I have called into a nationwide talk radio program, and both times I have gotten on the air. The first one was The Sci-Zone with Bill Boshears who is based out of 700 WLW in Cincinati Ohio. At night he is supposed to be heard over 38 states. Tomorrow I get my first actual day off (no school or work) since mid August, and I have another one the next day too! Two days off in a row!!! Days in which I can do whatever I want!!! WOO HOO!!!
Today I also hit an animal on the road. It was a chicken. I guess that chicken didn't quite make it to the other side. How it happened was I had to go into town this afternoon, and since I live out in the country it's all back roads to town. Right after I posted last night we had some snow. It wasn't much, less than an inch, but it was enough to stick to the roads and everything else. When snow is on the roads people run over it which compacts it turning it into something like a sheet of ice. The road which I was driving down had this on it, so it was a bit slick (lots of wheelspin when you nail it). A chicken decided to start across the road, and since I was going about 45 I couldn't stop since I would have probably slid off. It was either me or the chicken, and since I'm bigger I won. Chicken patties anyone? He was pretty flat in the rear view mirror.

Rant of the day:
I had a pretty good day, so I can't think of anything.

Good thing of the day:
Well, today was a pretty good day, so the good thing of today is, well, today! :P

Weather:
COLD COLD COLD!!!! This afternoon at 2:00 it was 16 according to the big thermometer in North Vernon, and this morning at 2:00 it was 5. Yes, that's right, 5 degrees above zero, which means it could go down a few more before sunrise. I am not ready for that yet.

Daily deer report:
3 tonight. I think the rest are staying out of the open because of the cold weather.


Well, that concludes tonights posting. Goodnight everyone, don't forget to visit http://scottyspot.tk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home