Monday, December 20, 2004

My first night off from school and work in a long time and.......

.......it's so nice. Between school and work I have not had a day off since August, so I was starting to get a bit of burn out. Today I was off though, and I will be off tomorrow as well. I am going to put a new heater core in my car since it is supposed to get very cold by the end of the week. Tomorrow is supposed to be near 50, but the next day and into the day after we are supposed to get up to a foot of snow, and by friday our high is only supposed to be 12 with a possible low below zero, and the heat in my car dosen't work. I also will have to drive my route on Wednesday, even if a snow emergency is declared. If I don't I will get fired. The boss has said that no matter if the roads are closed I am required to run the route since the newspaper always runs. I have had to do it in some pretty bad weather before, so I am as prepared as I will be. I will have a blanket and sleeping bag, some water, some granola bars, a flashlight, and a few other things in the truck in case of an emergency. Last year when it got bad I saw seven cars slid off in less than a quarter of a mile area, so I know accidents can happen, but if I am extra careful I should be okay, though the route will take way longer if the snowplows don't keep the roads clear (they usually don't during heavy snowfall). Ohh well, I can hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Rant of the day:
My ISP. I have never seen an ISP that kicks you off every ten minutes on average like mine does. I think it's time to get a new one.

Good thing of the day:
Homemade chocolate chip cookies. I like them. I was over at my sister's house (again) today, so we decided to make some cookies. We ate most of them as they came out of the oven.

Weather:
Still haven't made it out of the 20's today. When I came in the thermometer showed 21 degrees. The warmest it got today was 23, and one of my friends said his thermometer on his porch said it was 1 degree this morning at about 7:00 am. BRRRRRRR

Daily deer report:
None. Zilch, zip, nada. There were no deer tonight, which is the first night since livivg here I have not seen any. May it stay this way too.


Well, that wraps it up for tonight. Goodnight all. I'll be back tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home